my pediatrician recommended getting my son vaccinated for HPV. He's 9. what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Health

• http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/HPV/AN01309

I wouldn't do it but that's my choice.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:08 PM on May. 17, 2010

• nope, I'm not doing it
    do LOTS of research on the vacciene and the reported side effects it has had on girls. The vacciene was never developed or tested for boys
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:09 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Hell no... I would be finding a new peds... One that has a decent education, cause that guy is crazy!
    Anonymous

• Only if you expect your son to be sleeping around with other people who sleep around. That's like telling your kids to have sex. If I have a daughter she won't be getting that vaccine. No reason if she doesn't sleep with every Tom Dick and Harry. Sheesh.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 1:12 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't do it for a son or a daughter. You can't get it unless your having unprotected sex. I would rather teach them about protection. Studies have shown that kids are uneducated about what this shot is. Many think it's a shot that protects against all STD's. It doesn't even protect against all strains of HPV, only 3 out of 11. It gives a false sense of security.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:12 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Don't. Just don't. It's too new and it's not the most safe. A dr. here gave it to her daughter and it paralyzed her. Imagine her guilt? It's okay to go against your doctor. Go with your gut.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't do it either. None of my kids will receive those shots.
    Anonymous

• Not my kid. We have a 14 year old daughter, and have left the decision up to her.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:52 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Now they want the boys to get it too? When will it stop? Personally my daughter will not be getting it and certainly not my son either.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:53 PM on May. 17, 2010

• they knew all along they would market it to the boys too. i would never give that to my kids!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:55 PM on May. 17, 2010