Help im losing too much weight!

Yes i know it sounds rediculous that i would even complain about something like that. I weight 200 pounds and im 5'3 yes i know im obese but, the thing is that im trying really hard right now to lose weight and has already jumped on the daily workout and eating right wagon and im at that point where im not struggling too...so im past the hard part... i want to reach my old weight which was anywhere fro 125-135 i was okay loosing the healthy 1-2 pounds a week you're suppose to lose. well ive been losing anywhere from 4-8 pounds a week...i dont starve myself i just eat healthy things and has minimize my intake by half and i workout about 6 nights a week on the elliptical...although im loving the results and afraid this isnt healthy (i feel great) and that where im losing weight too fast i will have saggy skin, eek my biggest scare for sure is the saggy skin.
please help me out by sharing past experiences or knowlege.
THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Health

• When you're that much over weight, losing around 5 to 7 pounds a week in the beginning is fine. Most of it is water and your bowels cleaning itself out due to the healthier lifestyle.

Your weight loss will taper off soon. I weighed 187 when I had my last baby. I lost 30 lbs in the first 6 weeks PP. I'm now 5 months PP and my weightloss has tapered off to the 1.5 lbs a week I was expecting.

Eat well and exercise and you'll be fine. Just remember eat 6 times a day. Three big meals a day will just slow down your metabolism.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:19 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I dunno it sounds ok to me, but if your worried consult a physician.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:19 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I think that in the beginning you are losing a lot of water so initially when doing it right, you will take off and lose a lot fast, then it taper's off and begins the healthier 1-2 lbs a week like you mentioned. as long as you are staying hydrated and eating and excersizing and doing it healthy and at the same time aren't feeling weak and run down, you are fine.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:19 PM on May. 17, 2010

• your body is doing what its suppose to do. As long as your eating enough and being healthy , working out etc. your not going to get saggy skin. You will lose more at first being that your starting at a higher weight, be thankful for this because it will eventually slow down. It would be one thing if you were like the people on biggest loser, loser 20-40 lbs a week, but trut me 4-8 is just fine for now, it will slow down and youll have to work harder. I went from 199 to 159 before becoming pregnant this time around I lost it all in 31/2 months , fairly quick but healthy and I didnt get slack skin at all. Also remember to drink plenty of water, this is great for your skin.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 1:20 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Talk to your doctor. You may end up needing to have surgery to remove the excess skin. That's a lot of weight to lose.....good luck, and I'm glad you're doing great! Keep it up!! I wish my mother could be as motivated as you are! She's over weight, and has diabetes...and she is not healthy at all....she takes one walk a day, if that...and that's all the excersize she does...but I'm pretty sure she's over 200lbs.
    Anyway, keep up the good work!!
    Anonymous

• If you're really worried talk to your dr. but bodies do weird thing . You might be loosing 4lbs a week now and then not loosing anything for a few weeks. Unless you think something is really wrong with you and that's why this is happening I would relax.
    Anonymous

• If you had not been working out and losing the weight it would be worrisome and could indicate among other things diabetes. But you are so unless there are other strange symptoms, you go girl!
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't worry about your skin. Your weight loss won't be significant enough to cause sagging skin. You may get stretch marks though it you lose to quickly. I weighed 200 lbs when I had my first baby and now after my 3rd am down to 145 lbs and I don't have any loose skin.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:31 PM on May. 17, 2010