fever and rash?

My DD is 23 months she had a fever of 100.8 saturday night, woke up sunday morning with the fever at 101.8 and rash that itched. Called nurse line they said to put anit itch cream and just watch for it to worsen. Woke up from nap with fever 102.7, I took her to urgent care they said just viral. But now looking at the rash is it possible that yeah have a viral fever but we put sunscreen on her on sat. and the rash only seems to be in the same area that the sunscreen went? Its the same kind we used last year....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• is the fever gone and is the rash on the trunk of her body?
    if so, I'm betting it is Roseola. Once the fever breaks and the rash appears it is no longer contageous
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:18 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I agree: roseola. Sunscreen IS a possibility. Roseola is tiny red spots, not necessarily raised much.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:21 PM on May. 17, 2010

• It sounds viral. My daughter used to get that. You can change the brand of sunscreen if you want, but it's probably not that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:24 PM on May. 17, 2010

• The typical pattern for roseola (both my daughters have had it), is a few days of fever with no other symptoms (except irritability of course) followed by a rash, usually when the fever leaves. But there are plenty of toddler viruses out there with rashes. Usually viruses leave the body within a week to 10 days at the very longest.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:27 PM on May. 17, 2010