What do you think of this?

The state of South Carolina is trying to get a law passed that states if a child under the age of 18 drops out of school they lose their driver's license. This is all in an effort to lower the drop out rate in the state.
I personally think this is a GREAT idea!!! What kid wants to lose their driver's license and the freedom it gives? As a parent I would support this 100%.

What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• America is stupid. It's a great idea. We need more emphasis on education rather than mitigating the problem down the road of all the uneducated, jobless, sponging off the govt. Tell me why an education hurts? It is so important to survival that I don't see why people don't see this. Good for SC. It's time to start taking care of our kids. Homeschool if you drop out.
    Anonymous

• great idea!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:24 PM on May. 17, 2010

• what if they decide getting a GED is in their best interest?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:25 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Wonderful idea. I think all states should do this.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:26 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I don't agree. I'm a highschool drop out.
    I dropped out of highschool when I was 16 years old. I didn't do it because I was a typical 16 year old who just didn't want to go to school anymore...I did it because I was going through a lot...and I couldn't stand to be in school...I got into too much trouble in school. I left school for my own well being....I dropped out on a Friday...and started GED class the following Monday. Completed it in record time, and passed my GED test on the first try. I am able to get jobs...and even go to school if I want...but I think there are certain situations where it should be okay for someone to drop out of school...as long as they do something to further their education. I would not support this at all.
    Anonymous

• Shay1130 I think as long as they are in some kind of education program, high school or adult ed (which is where they would get their GED) they will be fine. It's if they completely drop out of school.
    Anonymous

• i agree, it is a good idea!!
    Anonymous

• I think Georgia has a similar law now, but I'm not sure. I think it is a great idea. There should be certain exceptions though.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:29 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I would totally support this. As a high school drop out myself, I now wish there had been more incentives to keep me in school. This would have helped me change my mind!! At that age I was too stupid to realize the life long consequences of dropping out. I did get my GED, but a diploma would have been much better!!

Anonymous

• My husband is a high school drop out (middle of 11th grade). He said this would have been a GREAT incentive to keep his butt in school. He loved driving around in his hot rod too much to have his license taken away :) We live in SC now and would support this 100%.
    Anonymous