Myths and Cliche Thinking?

Why do so many people buy into myths and cliche thinking and spout them off as IF they are truth and facts?? Out of the two I think cliche thinking is the worst. This is because it's not as easy to spot and gets over used so much by so many people that it starts to sound as if it's fact. It's frustrating so see so many myths and cliches about breast feeding, not breast feeding, homeschooling, spanking, not spanking, etc. The list goes on and on....

Really almost any hot topic conservation is full of them. It's just madding to look at sometimes. I just don't understand why so many people buy into it all without checking the fact first? I guess I'm just tired of seeing personal opinions, cliche thinking, myths and all the rest being passed of as Fact. Or even a HANDFUL of examples being passed of as FACT for ALL cases! UGH!

SAHMinIL2

Asked by SAHMinIL2 at 1:26 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ah, you mean sorta like when someone says c-section and the catfight starts? You had a BAD birth! Your doctor is just lazy! Put that baby back in and start over you demon! You mean that -MY SUPERIOR OPINION CAN BEAT YOU UP- kinda stuff?
    Anonymous

• No offense, but it sounds to me like you've just learned about cliche thinking.
    Anonymous

• LOL Anonymous :36 your reply had me in stitches for real! LOL; Something like that :) Thanks for the reply!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 1:41 PM on May. 17, 2010

• You bet! I'm here all week!
    Anonymous