TTC, Clomid and *weight*

I'm asking here to be anon and also so you can speak freely anon if you want... not to bash, go somewhere else. but to say what you have gone through and you can do it anon if you want...

>>> I may be trying clomid soon. i have PCOS. i am having a very very hard time losing any significant amount of weight. my doctors suggest losing 5-10% body weight to help maybe kick start ovulation. i am about 245 and 5'6''. I know i will surely gain some weight while pregnant, hopefully not to much..

anyone that was over their ideal weight have success with clomid? and if i may ask, you dont have to answer, how much did you weigh when you gave clomid a shot and if it worked or not? any helpful suggestions with using clomid?

THanks Ladies! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I went on Clomid and got pregnant the second cycle. I am 5'7 and weigh 250 so I am clearly overweight.

The first time we went on Clomid I was about 220 and we went through 3 cycles and it didn't work, however, I ended up getting pregnant 2 months later, which they say happens a lot as well.

I was on Clomid for cycle days 5-9 this last time. We just made sure to have sex at least every other day from ovulation day 10-22. And it obviously worked!
    Anonymous

• Thank you for your helpful response :)
    Anonymous

• Oh and also, just so you know, this pregnancy I have actually lost 4 lbs and I will be 19 weeks pregnant on Friday, so it is possible to gain just a little bit within the first 20 weeks! The doctor said it is fine as long as you start gaining by 20 weeks!

Good luck to you! I know it's a long, hard process!!
    Anonymous

• oh almost forgot... OP here...

I may have to take Provera or something similar to start a cycle. otherwise my cycles can be about 90 days long and usually i get some spotting in between.
    Did you (or anyone else) take Provera or something too?
    Thanks
    Anonymous

• OP here.
    over a year ago. my only pregnancy was after 3 months of metformin.
    and was lost at 18 wks. :(
    but i actually gained about 10-15 lbs within that time :/
    and lost all that weight after i went into early labor and he was stillborn.
    i think i was about the same weight then as i am now. maybe was a little less.

thanks it is a looong hard process! :}
    Anonymous