WTF?? Dad puts 9yr old in OVEN!!

Has anyone else heard/seen this story? What the hell is wrong with people?

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- A 9-year-old boy was forced naked into the oven of his Graniteville home by his enraged father, police said.

The boy’s crime? He apparently foraged in his parent’s wallet.

"I’m going to burn you alive!” James Moss, 52, yelled at young Christopher before closing the oven door, according to court papers.

Investigators say the hulking Moss— he stands 6 feet, 3 inches and weighs 270 pounds — did not light the oven with Christopher inside, but the boy suffered second- and third-degree burns of his hands when his father held them over the burner’s open flame for two minutes, court documents state.

Christopher was taken to Staten Island University Hospital, Ocean Breeze, for treatment of his injuries.

cont'd

beachmamaof2

Asked by beachmamaof2 at 1:33 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The boy’s hellish ordeal began Wednesday at about 9 p.m. inside the family's townhouse apartment at 40 Regal Walk, according to a spokesman for District Attorney Daniel Donovan.

Moss accused his son — a fraction of the size of his imposing father — of stealing from him, and claimed that burning his son’s hand and tossing him into the oven was a justified course of discipline, authorities said.

“My son stole some money from my wallet and I burnt him and burnt his hand on the stove,” Moss told police, according to court papers.

Moss also hit his son in the back with a spatula, smacked his face and dragged him across the floor, scratching the boy’s knees, police said.

Prosecutors charged Moss with second-degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child.

More to the article:
    http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2010/05/cops_staten_island_dad_puts_bo.html
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 1:33 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Anyone can be a parent. This is totally unacceptable and appalling. That kid will carry a scar forever. We should line up and shoot parents like this.
    Anonymous

• Oh my! I'm glad my parents taught me how to raise my children in a loving home.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:39 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Prosecutors charged Moss with second-degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child.

That's a slap on the wrist compared to what he did to his own child. Can't wait for what happens to that man in prison.
    Anonymous

• What is wrong with people today? This is getting out of control.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 1:43 PM on May. 17, 2010

• this guy must have some sort of mental disorder and like i said in another post...these people do not belong with society
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:44 PM on May. 17, 2010

• This man will get what he deserves someday, obviously the court system doesn't care.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:56 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Hopefully the court system will not allow that monster to have that child again. But, somehow, I have doubts on that.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:57 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I hope they don't allow the boy to return to his parents. Who knows what kind of torture awaits him if they do.
    Both of his parents should be tossed in an incinerator for a couple minutes. Stories like these make me hold my own children so much closer. It is so sad.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:02 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Thats sick. I hope he lost his parental rights
    Anonymous