is this normal 5 weeks after circumcision....?

his penis is not at all red or anything. doesnt bother him at all. but if the skin moves back a little, theres a white ring around the tip of his penis. i thought mabe it was diaper cream i had put on his bottom. but it doesnt wipe off at all. (reminds me of how a band-aid makes your skin white when it gets wet awhile) I never leave him in a wet diaer - he gets changed lot... is this just normal healing??? anyone else see this on thier boy? maybe it was always there but i just noticed it at 5 weeks...??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ask the dr.
    Anonymous

• I would think so but I might call the nurse line to double check but I bet it's okay. Hope so!
    Anonymous

• yes it is normal. But what i did is at every diaper change I would pull the skin back and clean there. The doctor said if you don't do this frequently it will try to go back or basically "uncircumcise its self"
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:53 PM on May. 17, 2010

• My son had this and it ended up coming off when we wiped it but it wasn't diaper cream, it was more like fuzzies from the diaper had got in there. Dr told us to just pull the skin back a little and wipe around it every time we changed him and eventually he would grow into the extra skin. By eventually she meant a few years btw. If you are concerned ask the dr
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 4:50 PM on May. 17, 2010

• IDK if it's normal or not, but I agree with the poster who suggested pulling back remaining foreskin to clean. Ironically, you DON'T do this with intact boys, like many people THINK you have to, and many people THINK you DON'T have to do it if they are circumcised. Sorry, totally NOT trying to be a smart ass, just want to point out this fact for other moms, and for moms to be who might think this is proper care for an intact penis.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:55 PM on May. 17, 2010