How often do you think married people should have sex?

This question isn't asking how often you have sex personally, I was just wondering what people think is normal for a married couple. Since different things factor into it, lets say that the hypothetical couple has at least 2 kids with at least one that tends to end up in their bed most nights and the husband works long days and the wife either works from home, is stay at home mom or works a regular job as well. How often is normal or expected or healthy for a married couple to still be having sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes, we all need sex...but talking like the only reason a man wants a woman is for sex is degrading and stupid. not all men are so unable to help themselves sexually that they cheat. and many of the men who cheat are getting plenty of sex at home, they are just pigs. sex is important to a relationship, but it is not THE most important thing. a woman shouldnt be having sex every night JUST for her husband, thats just as sad as never having sex b/c the woman doesnt like it. we arent slaves to our partners sexual whims and they shouldnt be slaves to ours either.

and if all men cared about their wives' organism as much as they cared about their own, i bet women as a whole would have sex more often. but most men dont give as much as they get and they think thats okay.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:52 PM on May. 17, 2010

• twice a month. I don't know, not much.
    Anonymous

• I think it's totally personal to the couple. Some people need several times a week, while others only a few times a month.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:40 PM on May. 17, 2010

• i would say atleast twice a week.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:41 PM on May. 17, 2010

• At least 2 times a week.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:41 PM on May. 17, 2010

• We have 2 kids and they BOTH sleep with us right now. They have their own beds and we can't get them to sleep in the darn things. So I AM your hypothetical family :P
    Anyway I think saying weekly is a bit much and saying monthly is not quite enough so I would say with busy schedules and everything going on that it's probably closer to once or twice every 3 weeks???
    Anonymous

• at least a few times a week.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:45 PM on May. 17, 2010

• once a week....I say get that kid in its bed if they want to have any sex.
    Anonymous

• I always thought hubby and I were normal when it comes to this. I'm a stay at home mom of three kids .Two of which are in school the other is 6 months old. Hubby works 40 hours a week at his normal job and about 10 hours a week doing side jobs. We have sex once a week. Sometimes more, but never less unless AF is here.
    Anonymous

• At least twice a week.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:49 PM on May. 17, 2010