Jealous of the new baby :(

We came home yesterday with our new baby girl. My 18m old is acting out so badly now! Shes throwing herself on the floor, wont nap, trying to hit and push the baby around... Im trying to spend as much time with her as possible but all shes doing is freaking out!

i dont know what to do. My other child was not like this when my daughter came home.
Thankfully the baby is a good sleeper but the screaming from my 18m old is getting out of hand!

HELP!

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 1:46 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ooh you have your hands full. I had jealousy issues and my other child was 10yrs old. My best advice is not to reward the bad behavior with your attention. the little one is looking for attention and knows that it will come if they are bad. at that age they are soo young and its hard to understand why mommy has to spend soo much time with a baby.
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 2:23 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I agree with the previous poster. I would ignore her bad behavior and reward her for being good. Ask her to help you with diaper changes and feedings. You could get her to hold the diapers and maybe carry the empty bottle to the sink. I would try to keep her busy! My DS gets pretty agrivated when I babysit babys but I have found that when he is busy "helping" he is a lot happier!
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 1:01 AM on May. 18, 2010