for SAHMs only - Is there any reason it would be ok to have a dirty home?

We all know that if you are a SAHM there is no excuse for your home to ALWAYS be messy! But what are acceptable circumstances for you to not clean up? Other than being sick. Assuming you are totally fine, why would it be ok to not do your housework?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Some days we have a lot to do and I get too busy to clean-clean.
    Some days, I just don' t feel like it...I call those my lazy days,lol. But I make up for it the next day and it doesnt happen often.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:52 PM on May. 17, 2010

• because i don't feel like cleaning, how bout that?
    Anonymous

• cause i just dont feel like it today! how about that! BTW i am bi-polar so some days it is hard enough just to get out of bed.
    Anonymous

• It's ok to be cluttered with kids toys and such but as far as food being left out and other sanitary things, I don't think there is any excuse really. But as far as my own personal situation, I think that being engaged with the children and their activites, playing with them and helping them learn things, I think that takes priority to housework so if dishes have to sit while you hang out with the kids so be it. But to live in filth is just not acceptable if you are there to clean up spills, food mess, potty accidents and such.
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 1:49 PM on May. 17, 2010

• It rained all last week, so maybe since it's such a beautiful day out, you and the kids decided to spend the day outside.
    Anonymous

• Cluttered with toys here, but not dirty. Some days I just don't feel like doing it. Just like any other mother.
    Anonymous

• I agree with teardrop, and you have no idea what goes on in my household so why do you think the house should be spotless? I may be a stay at home mom but that doesn't mean I am always home. Besides my kids are more important to me then if you can eat off my floors. I don't live in filth, my house is clean yet cluttered and with 3 kids its probably gonna stay that way until they are in school.
    Anonymous

• Because I decided that there are most important things than keeping the home spic and span. Like taking the kids for a trip, or helping other moms with errands. etc.

And there are days when my dh forgets to do his chores. Those days the house stays as it is. LOL
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 2:00 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Because I was out all day that day or if i just didn't feel like it we all have those days sometimes.
    It depends on what you mean though, I try to keep the house as clean as possible tables and counters cleaned and wiped down, dishes done, clothes put away ect. but toys all over the place thats okay it doesn't really need an excuse.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 2:00 PM on May. 17, 2010

• IMO, only if I'm sick. Otherwise, there's no excuse. Of course, I may just feel that way b/c I'm extremely anal about things being clean.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 2:12 PM on May. 17, 2010