How soon is "Too soon" in a relationship

I was in a 7 year relationship that was going nowhere. What is too soon in a new relationship for things like saying

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I think each relationship is different.

If I was talking to a 17 yr old I would say.... you have no idea what it means to be in love or to talk about marriage.

If I was talking to a 30 yr old I would say... You probably have a good hold on it... so when it feels right talk.

If I was talking to a 45 yr old divorcee with kids I would say take it VERY SLOW.... you have sooooo much more at steak now.

And different people mature at different rates... some young kids will shock you with thier maturity.... some older women will shock you with their immaturity.  But please please please....dont slut your self out and sleep with some one you "think" you are in love with.

Anonymous

• To me all of what you said has to do with when you feel ready to do it. Saying "I love you" marriage, babies ect....

Answer by louise2 at 1:59 PM on May. 17, 2010

• SO and I agreed when we met not to say things but rather show how we feel in how we treat one another. That works for me

Answer by admckenzie at 2:12 PM on May. 17, 2010

• It depends on the relationship. I met my ex-husband when I was 14 and quickly fell in love with him. We got married at 16, started a family at 18, got divorced at 24 because he cheated on me once - because he listened to a rumor...someone told him I was cheating which I wasn't and it broke my heart to leave but I couldn't get past the fact that he didn't trust me enough to know that I would never have cheated on him. Now I'm happy with a guy I've been dating for 11 months, we haven't said I love you to each other and I don't plan on it any time soon. We've discussed moving in together but haven't made a final decision. If we do move in together it won't be until the end of July anyway. While I can see myself someday getting re-married and having more babies with my boyfriend I don't plan to really think about it for at least a few more years and certainly won't bring up the subject with him until then.
    Anonymous