it can be done!!! early potty training...

I just wanted to share... our daughter has just had a full week without accidents day or night. She's 19 months. I got some good advice from people on here, especially I'm glad that I went with her signs she was interested and then stuck with it when it got a little tricky... It took about a month before we started this full week. She has her own little way of telling us she needs to go potty, it's so cute!!! I just wanted to share in case anyone else is tempted to start on the earlier side but having doubts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Don't feel bad if she regresses...A LOT of kids do. it has nothing to do with when she was trained, just a thing kids do. Congrats and good for you though. My son showed his signs at 2.5 and he was trained in a few days.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:03 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I agree with bradenismyson, I had my son fully trained by 18 months at the end of 20 months he just stopped. And im still trying to fix it for 3 weeks now. But wtg.

mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 2:06 PM on May. 17, 2010

• good job OP! My son is 25 months old and we are on day 3 of potty training (i'm not doing the 3 day method). So far, he has peed in the potty twice, the rest has been accidents. He tells us when he has to go in his own way, but within seconds he has an accident so we usually never make it on time to the potty lol. But he'll get the hang of it! We are following his cues and we arent in any rush, but he definately is ready.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:17 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I'd love to know what you did.
    My son is interested and he likes going in the bathroom. He even tries to put the potty together himself when he gets in there. My mom said just put him on the potty right when he wakes up, after his meals, and right before he goes to bed. Just to get the routine of going. What other tips do you have?

Please PM me, as I don't check back on things I've posted on.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:08 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Wow that's awesome!! My daughter is 17 months old and she found her brothers little potty so she has been sitting on it a lot, but I was thinking it's too soon. Now I'm excited to see what happens! I would love to get her out of diapers! Thanks for this post I love it!!

Zara Nichols
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    www.4AHappyLife.com
    ZaraN

Answer by ZaraN at 9:11 PM on May. 17, 2010