How do I get my 10month old to sleep in his bed and not wake up four or more times ?

My son has had ear infections since December. While sick he would end up sleeping with my husband and I. Now we have had tubes put into his ears and he still wont sleep. He wakes up the second we put him down, goes back to sleep and we put him in his bed. However, he wakes up about four times a night and we have a hard time getting him back into his bed. I need help getting him to sleep all night.

mrs.helms2008

Asked by mrs.helms2008 at 2:05 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd say wear him out! play hard keep him active and start a bedtime routine. My little girl has to have a snack before bed, a cup of water in her room (reduces the i need a drink), she needs to have secrets and be snugged like a bug in a rug before bed. you break any of these and she will not go to bed. He is starting to get to a scheduled routine phase. He needs up at the same time, nap at the same time and a bedtime routine that you can live with for several years.

GOOD LUCK. its not easy once they have learned to fall asleep with you it will take time
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 2:19 PM on May. 17, 2010

• All children at some point have wakeful times especially in the first year. Sleep maturity happens around age 3 or 4. If you put him down wait for DEEP sleep (heavy relaxed limbs and face. steady breathing. If he sleeps well with you part ofthenight, I say work with it. You can enen put hims bed inyour room if you don't want to bedshare. He is in a major learning milestone age, is likely teething, possibly hungry, has been sick, and has tubes in his ears. he has been through a lot. I'd continue with night comfort and help him to return to sleep. As long as he's not playing and goes back to sleep its fine.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:18 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Patience! This is pretty normal. "The No Cry Sleep Solution" can be reassuring.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:51 PM on May. 17, 2010