how to kill morning glory?

we bought a house about 6 months ago and just recently found on the whole side of the house morning glory is growing along the bottom and apparently it takes over everything and i dont like it... do you know of any way to kill it or do i just need to dig it all out?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 2:06 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Have you tried round up?
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:19 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I went to home depot and bought the weed killer that hooks to your hose, I think it was ortho brand. we had the same thing happen, bought a house and half the lawn was morning glory come spring. it is a pain to get rid of and will come back the following year if you dont get rid of it completely. I only have two places it is trying to come back. Your best bet is to head to a garden center and talk to them about different steps to take to kill it off.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:35 PM on May. 17, 2010

• But it is so beautiful!
    Anonymous

• I would try weed killer on it. If you DO dig it up, you are going to need to get ALL the roots or you risk it growing back.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Round up or Ortho weed killer might but have you tried a cheap powder laundry soap?
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 28, 2010