does her parents have a right to know?

my 14 year old cousin has been staying on my mom and dads ranch pretty much every weekend ... ( probably a break from her 2 brothers lol) .... anyways my mom told me ( yesterday) that the night before my cousin said she was going to go out walking in the yard ( and like sitting on the patio talking on the phone and such) and that one of her friends was dropping off a shirt ..... it was probably 11 at night and very dark .... my dad was out in the barn and my cousin didnt know he was out there ( thought my mom and dad was still in bed watching a movie) ..............

Anyways my dad was in the barn turning the lights off / watering animals, etc...and heard the girls talking ( cousin and friend that was suppose to stop over) ... my dad walked out to see them making out ! ( as in kissing and rubbing) ...

My mom told my cousin they seen her and she cried and said she doesnt want anyone to *continued*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• think that she is that way ( bi or lesbian) ...... my mom said she wouldnt but told me she doesnt know what to do.......... I told her I think it is kind of a normal thing now a days for kids that age to "experiment" and that people doesnt make that big of a deal out of it anymore.... but if that was your daugter would you want to know ( this other girl is a good friend of hers, that my aunt even invited to family get -togethers also)
    Anonymous

• No. The girl is 14, practically an adult, and she has a right to her privacy in these matters. She can tell her parents when she's ready to, if she's ever ready to (which may be sooner rather than later since she was caught), but if she never does, nothing wrong with her keeping it to herself. Now, if the girl were pregnant or was using drugs, yes, her parents would need to know, but not for snogging with a girlfriend.
    Anonymous

• she was just kissing??? - no dont tell anyone --- you could have her labeled a lezbo in highschool and ruin her life --- no offense to any lesbians. i love you! but you know how midle and high school are... if they were having sex i would tell you to tell her parents but kissing is harmless. i would just let it go.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:45 PM on May. 17, 2010

• No they shouldn't tell. That's her personal business and it sounds like she's embarassed anyway.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:51 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Maybe she is the first girlfriend and if so maybe they are unsure of what it is they are doing. Maybe they just need to figure it out.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:49 PM on May. 17, 2010

• No. That's isn't your parents (or your) place to tell. If the girl wants her parents to know then she will reveal that information when she is ready. You and your parents should just keep it under your belt and let the girl decide if and when she's going to tell her parents. If she decides not to then that's perfectly fine. Again, it's her place to tell that information, not yours or your parents.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:53 PM on May. 17, 2010

• No.. If she is gay/bi that is for her to tell her parents..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:57 PM on May. 17, 2010

• No, dont say anything. I am Bi. Growing up I did a little experimenting. It was not my parents business. It was me finding out about myself. I was not being risky, or sleeping around... If my family would have found out when i was younger it could have changed my life ALOT.. Not in a good way, I would have lost friends, been outed by my family & more..
    Even today as an adult I dont think its anyones business that I am Bi. My husband knows & thats all that matters. (No i dont sleep with girls now that im married. i am faithful)
    Anonymous

• You should tell her parents. That's a sin.. forgive my ignorance but this child is 14 and retarded and has no idea what she is doing. what if she leaves the property and gets killed or raped, you will be responsible .. Tell her parents what kind of brat they have for a child.
    psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 7:35 AM on May. 18, 2010