ugh this is so frustrating i could just cry!!

i havent had a period in almost 6 months. ive lost 30 pounds since september which puts me around 150 pounds...the ob gyn says im healthy but not having a period for 5 1/2 months doesnt seem healthy. im not stressing over "trying" just kinda if it happens it happens..but how can it even happen if im having NO period? ugh i just want to cry. any advice? <3

ebrittian22

Asked by ebrittian22 at 2:39 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Go to a fertility specialist.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:41 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I have very irregular (almost non-existent) periods, and have since I was a teenager. My OB/GYN always says I need to have a period at least every 3 months, and she has given me a prescription to use when I go too long without having a period.. If your doctor thinks nothing of you missing your period for 5 1/2 months, then you might want to get a new doctor.
    Anonymous

• Have they done any testing on you? Mentioned Clomid? i was having a period but not having an egg release b/c my hormones were really messed up...which can cause you to not have a period.

But one month on clomid and I was pregnant!
    Anonymous

• Time to find a new doctor. I would also ask for a referral to a reproductive endocrinologist and/ or a fertility specialist
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:59 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Absolutely insist on getting a COMPLETE thyroid panal! If your thyroid is off, it could be off by such a little bit that you don't feel physical symptoms but still have a negative impact on your fertility.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 3:23 PM on May. 17, 2010

• they checked my thyroid and that was fine...then they thought i had pcos so i had an ultrasound on my ovaries and they said that was normal..i just am so frustrated...thanks for the advice ladies <3
    ebrittian22

Answer by ebrittian22 at 4:19 PM on May. 17, 2010