Best age for Disney World??????

My DD turned 4 in Dec. and wants to go to Disney World so bad! What is the ideal age? And what time of year? My sister-in-law is taking my 2 1/2 year old niece in June and I am thinking that is way too hot!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Travel

• 4 is perfect. The best time of year is when it is not a school vacation. There are many websites devoted to this. Look it up.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:44 PM on May. 17, 2010

• my DS will be 3 weeks shy of 5 when we go this fall. Me personally, I'd avoid any school breaks and the summer (too damn hot!)
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:45 PM on May. 17, 2010

• definitely january/february because it's about 75-85 degrees. summertime is just torture cause it's so hot plus it's less crowded. 4 is fine if you want to stay on the kiddy rides with her but honestly i think the best age is when they're tall enough to go on everything
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:46 PM on May. 17, 2010

• my DS will be tall enough for everything but the really fast rollercoasters like the Rockin Rollercoaster,he is big enough for space mountain, the mine ride etc
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:50 PM on May. 17, 2010

• We took out dgd when she was 6 . i think 4 would b fine and probably the youngest i would try to bring a grandchild anyway. its better not to hv to deai with the diapers or rush to a bathroom that the 2-3 yr. olds seem to have, i would go when its not so hot. we went in july and although it was a wonderful trip it was hot and that wears out both adults and kids. its difficult to doif u want to start out everyday early but try to stay at least one night for the fireworks. its the best and my dgd is still talking about it almost a year later. hv fun.
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 2:51 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I would think 4 is the very youngest that it would be a good experience for the parents, but it would be even better a few years later. I also recommend skipping the summer or other school breaks. Sometime betweem October and April would be best.

My BIL worked there for a while, and he recommends waiting until kids are at least 7.
    Anonymous

• My sister took her kids during thanksgiving and she said it was SO hot then i would go in Jan-march
    Anonymous

• I would say older then three years old. Then they can go on rides, ineract with the characters, and they're less likely to tire quickly. Also, go in the office season, which would be fall through winter. This is when the tickets, flights, hotels have the best deals and there isn't going to be as big of a crowd.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:33 PM on May. 17, 2010

• 7 is perfect, but 4 is fun. The last week of August when the Florida kids go back to school is good. We frequently go in October. It is really nice then too. My tips would be get there when the gates open and plan lunch around 2 pm (hottest part of the day) Plan on a good sized snack at 11 am.
    Anonymous

• 25
    Anonymous