I've never had a Credit Card before and need one now. Know any good ones??

I have a new job and it requires me to make some purchases and get reimbersed a few weeks later. For this I need a credit card. Anyone know of any good, no anual fee, low rate, cards? I have good credit I know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would say try to stick it out without a credit card. If you're needing one just to make purchases online, go with a prepaid credit card. It's SO easy to land in debt if you spend money you don't actually have.

However, if you truly need one, then I would suggest checking with your bank first. Then apply to Visa and see where that gets you. Although if this is your first credit card, you'll get a low rate for so many months, and then it'll sky rocket. Just make sure you always make your payments on time!

Hope this helps! :)
    Ace_xo

Answer by Ace_xo at 3:09 PM on May. 17, 2010

• most have no annual fees. if you belong to a bank, i would check with them first. they may give a better rate than just getting one from an actual credit card company
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 3:02 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Green Dot is a reloadable debit/credit card. It doesn't carry the risk of your typical credit card as you reload it and you know what is on the card. www.greendotonline.com
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:22 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Ace- that's inaccurate info..........if you've take a loan, bought a car, house, etc. that all goes towards your credit. you don't have to have credit cards to establish credit. I do agree, if you can AVOID credit cards, then i absolutely would.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:24 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I need one as I will be working for the state. I have expenses for hotels and stuff that requires a credit card. I know I have good credit because we have a mortage and have always paid on time. We also have one store credit card that we used to purchase appliances and have had paid off for some time.

I just need on card dedicated to job expenses so I can turn in my monthy satement and recipets in order to get reimbersed.
    Anonymous