how to get off of perscription sleeping pills

does any one know how you can ween yourself off of perscription sleeping pills. i have tried to not take them at night and i can not sleep at all. a yr ago i was having a lot of $ problems and i could not get to sleep all i did was think about my problems and my mind was going wild. so i took my husbands sleeping pills and that did the trick and that has been a yr ago and now i can not go to sleep without them. i think these pills are messing my moods up and making me feel down all the time. what can i do. i hate feeling like this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Health

• well, what pill is it? i would suggest getting a script for trazadone. that's a pill for anxiety and taken at night for sleep. after you get better, like a couple months, i would start to cut them in half. after a few weeks of half a pill see if you can stop or use only as needed. that was how i did it when i went through a traumatic situation.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 3:09 PM on May. 17, 2010