Should I go straight to my township mayors home?

There is a small rundown "park" behind my house. It has 2 animal status and a half court basket ball court. And a lot of trash. Beers cans, old tvs, used baby diapers...its gross. Its covered in leaves and tree branches and poison ivy in some spots. I have email the mayor serveral times asking him what could be done. I suggested a community clean-up that I would organize and everything. Well he wont respond to any of my emails. So I was wondering what I should do. He lives just a few houses down from me, should I go to his door personally to talk about this? Or should I just go ahead and get a group of ppl together and go clean up the park?

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 3:11 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'd just get a group and go get it done
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:11 PM on May. 17, 2010

• P.S.-I used to love this park. its a nice place to walk my dog...well was a nice place. but no one takes care of it now. im not complaining, and i dont want the park to be taken away or have the land built on. i just want it cleaned up and am willing to get the job done on my own. but im not sure if i need a permit or something to have a community event like that.
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 3:12 PM on May. 17, 2010

• No, it's highly innapropriate and unproffessional to go to their house personally. This is city business and unless you're invited to his home it should not be brought to his home. Go ahead and orginize a group cleanup yourself. You have every right to clean up a community park.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:22 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I would just do it we cleaned up the park by us and in the end it was worth it so we could use it again.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:23 PM on May. 17, 2010

• i think you should organize the group. clean the park. document the issue before it happens (the clean up) and print out the emails. send it all to him. tell him how you think he his doing with his job (poorly i assume) and tell him that you are sharing that info with anyone who will listen to let them know how much he cares about the community. maybe you should run for mayor next time with this as you platform.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:25 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I was call your local news station and let them know that you would really like some help cleaning it, that you have tried to contact the mayor several times to no avail.. I bet he would listen then..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 3:28 PM on May. 17, 2010

• ** I mean I WOULD call, not WAS
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 3:29 PM on May. 17, 2010

• We have a lot of cops patrolling our streets though. would it be an issues if there were 25+ ppl in this small parkk? I mean they would deff. wonder what is up. And like I said Im not sure how to go about doing any of this. Especially since I would be putting some of my own money into it to provide rakes, trash bags, and whatever else is needed. I wouldnt expect the money back or anything, but I would like someone to realize that this park needs attention. I'll take care of the park itself if i have to. But it would need a gate to keep the "kids" out of there at night because ppl go there to drink and dump trash and stuff. And it needs trash cans and benches. If I put money into any of this I want to somehow insure that the park will not be ruined again.
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 3:37 PM on May. 17, 2010