Help with my coffee addiction!!

I started drinking coffee very heavily when my daughter was a baby and I was working 14 hour days, and now it has become a major addiction to me. If I don't have my coffee in the mornings I get massive headaches and my hands get shaky. I really want to cut down because I know the amounts that I am drinking are not good for me but I don't know how to do it! I've tried replacing it with coke or diet coke and nothing comes remotely close to my coffee. Has anyone else out there ever had this problem? It's about as worse as smoking cigarettes!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yep, started drinking it a lot when I was taking an anatomy and physiology class, lol. I was up to 8 cups per day when I decided that I HAD to stop or at least cut back. I tried cold turkey, that was a huge mistake! The headaches were terrible and lasted for several days. Then I started drinking it again. So I decided to cut back one cup every three to four days. I got to the point where I no longer have to drink coffee but I do enjoy it so I have 1-2 cups per day, usually have caf half decaf so I don't have as much caffeine as I used to. And I no longer have to drink coffee - I can skip it altogether without getting a headache.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 3:23 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Never had the problem. But try cutting back by like a cup a week. And add more water to your day to cleanse your body out. Good luck.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 3:15 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Cut the quantity by a few cups or shot for a week at a time. Also, drink lots of water while you're doing this. Expect to be tired and perhaps headachey.
    Anonymous

• www.xyngular.com/clanders Xyng offers HALF the caffeine that coffee does with better effects. Also, the caffeine in Xyng is ALL NATURAL and it's an appetite suppressant.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:16 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I have a starbucks addiction. I went and bought a Mr.Coffee Frap maker for the days I cant get starbucks lol.If I dont have coffee people will suffer.If I can I smoke to replace that BUT that hardly ever happens because my children will follow me and they have never seen me smoke lol. I also started replacing it with food.im trying hard also..BUT I just need to get to my dr and ask for help.I know that sounds silly because its JUST coffee..but its an addiction.I was born drug addicted and suffer from these must needed Fixes.AT least its now COFFEE instead of the things I used to do :/
    Anonymous

• You can also do half and half, half regular coffee, half decaf...............i did that with pepsi while I was preggers.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:26 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I love love love coffee too and I actually have medical issues where I cant have caffeine anymore... So I had to switch to decaf! I would either try cutting back a cup a day or a cup a week and slowly get off of it! If you like it for the taste switch to decaf... heck if you like coffee that much anyway you should just switch to decaf and see if it helps cause I get MAJOR headaches when I drink any caffeine and switching to decaf helped! I work 12 hr graveyard shifts and I have kids that go to school early, so sometimes its hard and at first when you switch its hard but when I drink decaf when Im sleepy, it tricks my mind into thinking that its regular! LOL Try it out... if you dont really like the taste (I have found that it kinda has a different taste) I often add a little cinnamon to the coffee before brewing it and it makes it taste so much better! Good luck! I hope you find something that helps!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 4:00 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Start mixing regular (75%) and decaf. Over the next couple of weeks, gradually increase the decaf and decrease the caf.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:34 PM on May. 17, 2010

• ask yourself why you want coffee.. i traded in my coffee for a great nutritional shake that gives e wonderful energy..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 2:15 PM on May. 18, 2010