Should peanut butter be banned in schools because a few kids are allergic to peanuts?

Would it bother you if your kids were no longer allowed to take peanut butter to school for lunch bc there were children with allergies? Do you think that's fair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• "Yeah cause your life is more important than a child's life with allergies. You're right. You're not lazy just plain selfish."

Yeah, you're right. My daughter should just f-ing go without lunch or snack. If peanuts are banned will tree nut spreads be banned too? That's my issue. Because many kids have allergies to tree nuts too. I am VERY limited as to what my daughter can eat. Not what she WILL eat, what she CAN eat. I will live with it, like I said, but just know that it's not out of laziness that I have issues with it. Quit f-ing classifying everyone as lazy if the disagree with a peanut ban. Why don't you educate your damn self.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:40 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Actually peanut allergies are on the rise. So, no I wouldn't mind not sending peanut butter to school. There are some people who cant even smell the stuff without having a reaction.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:28 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I don't think it would be fair if your child is allergic to something they should know not to eat anything ANYONE gives them but the lunch lady or the lunch they bring
    Anonymous

• well its deadly to those kids who can't eat it. My kids do take paenut butter so we would have to adapt. i would rather not kill kids over it so I would be ok if they said that.
    Anonymous

• no I don't see the point. I mean really there is kids allergic to tons of things, if we ban one food because of allergies soon the will try to ban all and then what will the kids eat at school?
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 3:29 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Because peanut allergy is actually a life and death situation, YES!

My four year old is allergic to strawberries, breaks out in a head to toe rash just from a strawberry pop-tart. I don't think the school should band strawberries but his isn't deathly it is just irritating. Peanuts allergies are MUCH MORE SERIOUS!!!
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:29 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Personally, I don't think that it should be "banned" just because a few children have an allergy. There are children with all sorts of food allergies, and if they stop allowing peanut products, it would only be fair to stop allowing the other things too. Then again...I may feel differently if my child actually had a peanut allergy. It's hard to say exactly how you'd feel if your child was in that situation.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:29 PM on May. 17, 2010

• If there was a child at a school with a severe allergy, then I don't think it's unreasonable for the teachers to request that nobody bring peanut products, no.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 3:30 PM on May. 17, 2010

• OP here. Shouldn't a kid be home schooled if something as common as peanuts could kill them?
    Anonymous

• Peanuts and all pruducts containing peanuts are banned at my sons school. It doesnt bother me. If he wasnts PB, he can have some when he gets home,lol. I think its better to be safe than sorry.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:32 PM on May. 17, 2010