Does anyone know if you have to have the landlord of next door there when you cut down the tree that is in my yard? I wrote a couple weeks ago about my neighbor giving me problems on cutting our tree down. She says if it ruins her pool it will go on home owners which we told her before she put the pool up so it isn't like we didn't tell her.

well it wont she just is starting trouble I think. Well she sent me a message and told me that her landlord said he has to be here when we cut down the tree so she said she needs to know ASAP so that she can tell him ASAP. I asked her why he has to be here I told her I didn't understand why he has to be here when it is in my yard she said because he said he does. My gtrandma told me that what I need to do is ask her for the landlords phone number and if she doesn't give it to me that I should just do what I was going to do then and if he asks why I didn't tell him to tell him that she wouldn't give me his phone number. Does anyone know if the landlord next door has to be there when I cut down the tree that is in my yard?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I agree with your grandma, its best to communicate property owner to property owner. As tenant, I am not sure why your neighbor is involved.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:33 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Call your city and ask them what the procedure and laws are on it.
    Anonymous

• I agree to find out from the local zoning office whether or not adjoining property owners need to be home when you fell a tree in your yard.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:33 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I agree.. The city makes the rules, she doesn't.. If she told her landlord, and her landlord feels that he needs to be there, then he sould contact you himself.. She is not his secretary..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 3:33 PM on May. 17, 2010

• If anything happens to her pool, the CONTRACT COMPANY is responsible. She sues THEM, not YOU. THEY are responsible for ensuring there is no damage, and THEY carry insurance over it. Your homeowner's insurance company would deny her claim and defer it to the insurance company of the contractor. (Oh. And don't hire anyone who isn't licensed and bonded!)

Have the contractor come out to talk to her, and she can have THEM talk to the landlord.

I remember your posts from last week. I'm tempted to go over and punch a hole in her damn pool myself.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:35 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I think your grandma is right.
    Anonymous

• Talk to the landlord yourself if you want but really I think if it is your yard you can do what you want just try to keep the branches and stuff out of her yard. I don't see why you cutting down your tree affects her pool, she sounds a little loopy.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 3:38 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I must totally not get it why would you need to ask/tell anyone your cutting YOUR tree down from YOUR yard??? Is it in both yards or something is she thinking the tree is going to fall over onto her pool?
    Anonymous

• You don't have to tell, but it's nice to just notify them of what is going on. They can't tell you not to.

Anonymous

• LOL...........thank you
    Anonymous