What can I do besides get a bellyband for my pants that are already starting to get too small?

I dont wanna buy pants all the time. I am only 8 weeks and I already have a couple pairs of pants that I cannot button and/or zip all the way. I am just looking for some ways to save myself from having to buy pants. I have some sweatpants I wear but when I go out I like to wear my jeans.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Buy maternity jeans. Or a few dresses that will take you through for a while.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:32 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Use a rubber band. Double it through the button hole and attach both loops to the button. It gives them a couple extra inches of give. Just make sure to wear a longish shirt that covers it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:32 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Take a rubberband the loop it through the button hole and then over the button.

I did this and had my pants last through my first trimester and into the second.

(you can get large rubberbands at the dollar store!)
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:32 PM on May. 17, 2010

• You're going to have to buy some pants, eventually. Do buy a bellyband, it'll get you through the early and post-pregnancy periods. I found that I never wore the maternity pants with the stretchy insert, but I got some maternity yoga pants from Old Navy that I wore straight through until my daughter was 3 months old.
    Anonymous

• I bought tube tops and wore them, obviously, really low over my belly and my pants. Worked for me
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 4:11 PM on May. 17, 2010