9mnth old and yobaby yogurt

I have been giving my nine month old yogurt for a week or two now.
He seemed to be doing okay with it. I went to change his diaper and he has a rash on his butt!:(poor guy. What are some of the signs that he maybe having a reaction to the yogurt? and no I haven't feed him anything different lately besides the yogurt.

bennysmommy816

Asked by bennysmommy816 at 3:33 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a rash on the butt is a more obvious sign of diaper irritation than it is over food reaction. plus if he were going to have a reaction it would have happened in the first 24 hours of giving it to him.
    Anonymous

•  

OP, I don't believe the rash is from yogurt. Usually wouldn't be the first place for an allergic reaction.

Anonymous

• has your baby had dairy before? did the yogurt have oatmeal in it? could your baby be teething? teething in many infants also causes a diaper rash.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:55 PM on May. 17, 2010

• To the first Anonymous I din't ask for an asshole answer! Thanks:) Get over yourself
    I am a first time mom okay so I wasn't sure!! I'd LOVE for you to not be a bitch next time and leave your real name:)
    bennysmommy816

Answer by bennysmommy816 at 3:59 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Your Baby would have gotten some kind of tummy ache or something from the yogurt much sooner. It could be a random diaper rash, not too sure what that's all about.

Hope this helps a bit.

Erika
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:29 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Dairy is an allergy trigger food that should not be given to a child who has not had a birthday.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:33 PM on May. 17, 2010

• agreed with rkoloms
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:42 PM on May. 17, 2010