Is anyone else having problems like this?

I know in familys that already have kids and are expecting, sometimes there are problems with the older kids, like with behavior or sometimes they go backwards instead of forwards.
Alittle insight. I live with my parents and my older sister just moved out alittle over a yr ago. Well we r a very close family and they are over almost everyday and my niece spends the weekend, every weekend. She is an only child and 7 but was very well behaved. When we as a family found out i was expecting my first, my niece started having problems. We make sure that she gets just as much attention as before but the problems keep up.
She will do things like talk like a baby when she wants something instead of like a big girl. And she started acting up in school and she started wetting the bed again. I was just wondering if anyone is having problems like these and what can be done.

nikkik526

Asked by nikkik526 at 4:31 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes I'm there with you. My husband's son he is 5 and I have a 5 yr old also this is our first together and his son since hannah my daughter told him I have a baby in my belly was okay for one minute but then a wk later he started showing his butt. Talking like a baby, especially when he gets in trouble. He started acting up in school was on a streak of green lights then when he found out I was pregnant he came home on yellow, blue for a month and a half then it's now here and there. Now he is starting to bully Hannah saying I don't love you if you don't do this and I won't be your best friend if you don't do that. He argues with me now never use to do that he argues and back talks and it all started about a wk after he found out. Of course his mother was working so much she wasn't around during all this. They start acting out cause of competition he is the baby from his mother and is treated that way by his....
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 6:01 PM on May. 17, 2010

• daddy and his mother and now that I'm having baby he won't be the last child from my husband anymore. He isn't the last child to be babied and spoiled. She will grow out of it. My step son now that his mommy has taken the time to spend more time with him he has acted much better still wants to baby talk when he is in trouble but attitude has been much better. They will grow out of it but you and who ever around that is or may be treating her like a baby needs to stop cause she will keep on doing it for the attention and keep on cause someone will give in. My step son did the same thing till I put my foot down and I had a talk with hubby and said we have to be on the same page he can't keep acting like a baby when we are expecting a baby it's understandable sometimes but not all the time and of course his mother got on the same page with punishment to when he acts out cause he is a big boy hope this helps somewhat.
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 6:06 PM on May. 17, 2010