What are your views about Mutton Buston'?

Maybe some of you don't know what that is, it's an event at rodeos where kids usually under 50 pounds are able to ride sheep and see how long they can stay on. They wear helmets and protective vests. My son does it. I was just wondering if there were people against this? **Please dont answer if your some animal protector or something**

Aleah_Hardiman

Asked by Aleah_Hardiman at 4:37 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I personally think that it is terribly mean to the sheep and potentially dangerous for both. I have seen both sheep and kids get hurt when sheep try to go under panels or just freak out.

My children won't participate.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 4:55 PM on May. 17, 2010

• It's cute!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:55 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Its funny. And I doubt the animals mind much. I'm sure it is annoying to them but most def probably not painful.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:07 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I have never actually heard of that lol.... but I dont really see anything that wrong with it ......my mom and dad have goats and my kids ride them for fun lol...... whenever we go out one of the goats always runs right up to my 19 month old son and nudges him until my son starts to play with him lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 5:22 PM on May. 17, 2010

• LOL, my DS will when he turns 3!! My nephew has 11 buckles, and he's only 7!!!

And if I have a DD this time, she will too!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:26 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Yeah I just know so many people disagree with it but I dont get why. It's not painful for the sheep. they don't hurt them to make them buck or anything. Yeah they can freak out if they do they wont put a child on it. Sheep are around panels alot! They are loaded in trucks with panels unloaded with panels, they transfer fields with panels. They pretty much see panels their whole lives.
    Aleah_Hardiman

Answer by Aleah_Hardiman at 5:46 PM on May. 17, 2010

• It's adorable! And I worked rodeos when I was in high school, the clowns would keep the sheep away from the rails so they can't run the kids into them (I totally taught them that lesson by getting slammed into them by a horse lol)
    Anonymous

• I just wanna say, it's mutton bustin' - we have it around here too. Not sure what I think about it.
    Anonymous

• Well there is more than one way to spell it. Around here that's the way it's spelled. You didn't invent it so don't tell me how to spell it. :]
    Aleah_Hardiman

Answer by Aleah_Hardiman at 12:55 PM on May. 26, 2010