insurance and TTC

hey so i have united health (care/group/plan?) and i'm pretty sure that it is like basic insurance coverage. not sure what it really covers with infertility and all that stuff, not even really sure what are the right types of questions to ask the insurance people. i know preventative care is covered 100% the rest i think is prob 80/20. and then my deductible.

do you have any ideas on what kind of costs i can expect with seeing my ob/gyn for ultrasounds and clomid treatments? cost of clomid pills isnt much, but i dont know how much my insurance will cover of the visits and u/s. besides my office copays.

any ideas, suggestions are appreciated.
thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• you have to call your insurance and ask them what infertility treatments are covered and at what rate. many insurances do not cover this at all.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:16 PM on May. 17, 2010

• We had united Healthcare for a while right after I got pregnant. Not only should you call them and ask, but you should also ask for them to send you the information book in the mail that describes everything that is covered if you don't already have it. They told me over the phone that all maternity was covered like regular doc. visits, then turned around and began denying costs after the first visit, saying the costs had gone over the coverage limit. So get it all in detailed writing and keep it for your records.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:59 PM on May. 17, 2010