would it be wrong if i didnt tell the father of the child im in labor just because i dont want my mom to get angry and threaten me that she is going to leave and will not help. i think it is wrong i am just afraid of how she will react. and trust me i know my mom she will act crazy. so please dont say she will get over once the baby is here. my mom can be very evil at times.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• it's his baby and he has the right to know. You have to tell him and let the chips fall where they may.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:58 PM on May. 17, 2010

• how old are you? I mean what is wrong with the dad that she hates him so much? If she just hates him because that is wrong! Give us details.
    Anonymous

• i am 22 years old. and she needs to just get over it. and learn that its my life. but she always make a big deal out of everything.
    Anonymous

• Are you and the dad still together? If you are grown, you shouldn't need her help... Anon, 59 has the best question.. How old are you?
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:02 PM on May. 17, 2010

• if my mother was trying to manipulate me using my own baby, no. i would not even want her around. you are a big girl now and dont need her. and he has every right to be there.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:03 PM on May. 17, 2010

• HOw old are you? How could you possibly deny your husband the birth of his child?

Anonymous

• who will be there for you and the baby in 5 years?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:15 PM on May. 17, 2010

• You tell him, and DO NOT let her run anything. If she leaves you're probably better off. You need to stand up and care for your child ON YOUR OWN, with no one else...because you are the only one you can truly count on.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:54 PM on May. 17, 2010

• It's not right to deny the father the reward of being at the birth no matter how your mom feels about him. You're 22 years old and honestly you should have been planning from the beginning how to get by without her help. I was 17 when I got pregnant, my mom hated my boyfriend and at the time I didn't make enough money to get an apartment so I lived with her but the moment I found out I was pregnant I was planning my escape so to speak. I worked as many hours as I could. I saved every penny that I didn't have to spend on rent - my mom made me pay rent after I started working - and by the time the baby was born I had a good start. Tell your mother now that you plan for your baby's father to be there rather than just having him show up when the baby is on its way.
    Anonymous

• Then don't let her in the delivery room, unless he is abusive I think he has a right to be there over your mother, you need to act like an adult and stand up to your mother.... GL.... I hope she doesn't continue to run your life, let her throw a hissy fit... sounds like she needs to grow up
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:00 PM on May. 17, 2010