breakthrough bleeding and sex

okay so im on jolessa birth control pill and i ve been on it for five months now...last tuesday for the first time i had breakthrough bleeding and on friday i had sex..he came in me...now what im wondering is am i still protected from getting pregnant ....i believe i take my pills everyday but not at the same time...

amiyamom08

Asked by amiyamom08 at 5:14 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well, there's always a chance, but I think you're okay.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:28 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I believe that everything is fine now I'm not a doctor so if your really not sure you need to talk to them. Normally from my experience the main chance of getting pregnant is if you skip it and have sex when you skip it don't get me wrong there is always a chance to get pregnant on it but I took birth control for 3 years and never took it at the same time I just took it never got pregnant not once and when I skipped I doubled up and didn't do anything so I think your safe but if these aren't good enough for you then ask a professional. All women are different.
    Anonymous