Who is wrong me or my husband?

He works 6 days a week and lately has been getting home at 7:30. The day varies due to the work load. Anyway, he gets one day off a week. I would think that he would want to spend that time with his family. Well his friends who have no kids and aren't married always invite him to the park to bbq or play softball.(there is always beer involved too) He asked me at the last minute yesterday if I would go with him and take our daughter. I didn't want to go and he said why don't I ever want to be around his friends? I asked him why he needs beer and an entourage to have a good time with his family? I feel like he is bored with parenthood and we have nothing in common anymore. Should I have to argue with him to spend time with us?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds familiar.

talk to him not us!
    Anonymous

• Should you have to argue, no. But he has asked you to come with. I think you guys should really sit down and figure out what you can do to compromise. Is it that you don't want to be with his friends? If he's getting ONE day a week for "fun" then he's gotta choose between you guys and his friends. Maybe alternate weeks.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:21 PM on May. 17, 2010

• you dont get bored? ever? why not go to the park?

you should talk to him about it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:22 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I personally wouldn't have a problem with it unless he's an alcoholic or something. Men never grow-up and always need to have their "playtime" and their "toys". It's kind of ridiculous, but you need to let him have his playtime. At the same time, he needs to comprimise and make sure you are doing the things that you want to be doing as well like spending time together.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:22 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I say go with him and loosen up a bit.

Answer by older at 5:23 PM on May. 17, 2010

• well here is me, e have a 1 yr old and a 15 yr old9mine whom he adores) and he works 6 days a week 12-14 a day. I am just so glad for that one day, I try to do fun stuff and mix it with family. I would be upset if I were you too tho because he does sound like he is overwhelmed. Look at it this way-he is overwhelmed overworked, and so of course running away from his family(because you KNOW you want a break from the kids) seems logical to him. I AM NOT SAYING ITS OK OR HE IS RIGHT. just thats whaty it is...how long has it been happening, and how long can you tolerate it? only you can answet that? maybe let him know you sympathize completely but this is grown up land and sometimes we do what we have to, and we make the best of it yanno? he may surprise himself how much fun he could have at home with ya'll, not to mention the "benefits" later. good luck hon, i really feel for you.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:24 PM on May. 17, 2010

• What's wrong with actually wanting to go out and do something on his one day off? He invited you didn't he? He obviously wants to be around his family AND his friends. If he was ditching you every weekend to go out drinking with his friends, by all means bitch about it. But he invited you to a park for a bar b q. Sounds very family friendly to me, even if there is beer involved.
    TinaGhoulina

Answer by TinaGhoulina at 5:25 PM on May. 17, 2010

• jennifer 588: yes I do get bored, but I go out w my girlfriends on a Sat night if I'm bored. As he does too. . It's his only day off to spend time with his "daughter." She is only little once. There is a time and a place for adult fun.

OP
    Anonymous

• going to the park for a bbq sounds fun to me. it's not like he wants to take you guys to a frat party or something.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 5:29 PM on May. 17, 2010

• OP Honestly I have nothing in common with the people that were there. They let their kids run wild and I don't like alcohol, cursing and smoking around my daughter.
    Anonymous