Police shoot, kill sleeping 7 yr old girl in Detroit home

Have you heard about this tragedy? What do you think?

http://www.charter.net/news/read.php?rip_id=%3CD9FOEREO0%40news.ap.org%3E&ps=1011&sc_cid=homepage_newsDCC_article1

link posted below

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• I have. I only live a couple of hours from Detroit. I think it is a horrible, terrible tragedy and it makes me sad that accidents like this happen everyday. Poor family, poor cop who has to live with it.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 5:22 PM on May. 17, 2010

• That is just really really sad.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 5:30 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Yes. I read about it this morning. This is a horrible tragedy. There is something weird about the entire situation. The cops just storm into this home with no warning, and then claim a "physical altercation", and then when it's denied, they say, "he may have just bumped into someone"....huh??? I also find it VERY odd that the gun "went off" in the direction of a sleeping child on a couch.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 5:52 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I think it's devastating.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:55 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I agree something just doesn't add up. This is very sad, I started crying half way through reading. I hope this get fully investigated and something is done.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:16 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Why was a POLICE OFFICER running into an unknown situation with a drawn gun in his hand and his finger on the trigger? Don't they teach POLICE gun safety?
    Anonymous

• The cop was serving a no knock search warrant, completely in the right for barging in with no warning. Guns drawn because they were looking for a man who was suspected in killing a 17 year old and a Detroit police officer and was known to be armed and dangerous.

We don't know if his finger was on the trigger before the "altercation".
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 7:57 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Agree 100% heatheryn ~ and I'd like to add (at the risk of some serious bashing) that there is nothing right now to say that it wasn't her grandmother who actually fired the gun. If she instinctively grabbed at his hand she may well have.

It is a tragedy, and it is a wrongful death, but the cops also had a legitimate reason for entering the home. I'll be keeping them all in my prayers.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 10:34 PM on May. 17, 2010

• update ~ I just read an article that made me sick about this. Sorry, don't know how to link it ~

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37191818/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/?GT1=43001

I'm glad that they pulled in an outside agency to investigate this, because if A&E is telling the truth, this cop needs to sit in one of those curl your hair chairs.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:12 AM on May. 18, 2010