Who are the soldiers protecting?

I just have to ask... how are the protecting us? They arent over here fighting a war....somebody help me understand here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• popcorn

Anonymous

• devilI hear ya sister! Watch out,these women will tear ya new one!

Anonymous

• IDK, ask Obama. He has ALLLLLLLL the answers.
    Anonymous

• Op here.....A simple question shouldnt upset anyone really....I just really wana know !
    Anonymous

• Good question
    Anonymous

• A lot of people will say that they are fighting on foreign soil so that the war isn't fought on our own soil. That should make us happy enough I suppose. I don't know that it helps much though, since the people we are supposed to be fighting are all over the world and have most likely infiltrated our own borders and are just laying low until they get their orders to do whatever destruction they are hellbent to do. I think if they think they can win the war then they need to do it quickly and efficiently, if they don't think they can win it they need to pack it in and come home. No need to stay and waste resources and most of all, bodies.

Anonymous

• Do you want them all to come home? Do you want to end all missions in Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, England, etc? Missions that required our nation's strong military support?.. Missions that since we have set up bases have had no wars? Bases that have built alliances? Or are you just talking about Iraq and Afghanistan? Your question appears to be 'general' and rather naive. Please clarify..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:58 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Funny how many cowards there are on here. So many anon answers. This question does not contain personal info. No reason to be anonymous... Unless you can't own your words. Unless you are hiding to create drama. Unless you are a coward.. Which is it? Orrrrrrr~ is it all of them?.. Got it... ;oP....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:01 PM on May. 17, 2010

• The original purpose of the military is to protect our country from invaders and threats.  Like with any other country, it is to protect it's citizens, however we tend to get involved in other countries wars and such. 

Anonymous

• If you can't answer it , move on!No drama needed! For the OP- they are protecting the other countries...hence why they are still having successful attacks over here. And just b.c of the b*tches above , I'll post anon lol:)
    Anonymous