I just got out of a very long unhappy relationship and I feel guilty about seeing antoher guy....

So I was with my babies father for almost 5 years (May 19would be 5 years) We broke up about a few weeks ago because I was sick of the fighting and arguing. I felt like our lives were going in different directions and we wanted totally different things. he cared more about work then our family.. after two years of feeling like that I broke it off.
Ive worked with this guy for about 6 months who loves my son and who really wants to be a part of his life, (my son is 3 & he really enjoys being with him) he treats me the way I need and want to be and he cares more than anything! but I feel guilty being with him and I don't understand why!
What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't know why you feel guilty, maybe because you feel like you made a bad choice with that first guy, but try to have fun and enjoy the guy that treats you like a woman should be treated. :) You'll most likely get over the feeling of guilt.
    Anonymous

• What should you do? Wait. Evidently you're not ready yet.
    Anonymous

• Just take the relationship slowly. How long has it been sense you broke up with your ex. that might be the reason you feel that way.

Answer by louise2 at 5:49 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I'm looking at the dates that you've shared; my guess is that you're feeling guilty becaue you've developed interest in this guy before breaking it off with your first guy. You've worked with him for 6 mo, and you just broke up two weeks ago. If you've already had an interest before breaking up, it's a rebound, and it was emotional cheating, which always leads to emotional guilt. That doesn't mean that it can't work out, but you always feel bad for having feeling for someone when you're in a relationship. It means you have a conscience, and that's a good thing. Some women don't care about that kind of stuff.
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 6:17 PM on May. 17, 2010