Has anyone tried the new Off Clip on mosquito repellent

I just bought the new Off Clip on Mosquito repellant fan as I had a BOGO coupon for this. I am hopeful that it will work. Let me know if you have used it.

Here is the BOGO coupon if you are interested.
http://www.off.com/coupon/04-10-BOGO/?sid=SEM&cid=Google

jennwyse

Asked by jennwyse at 5:42 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We bought a few last year and they seemed to help. My son is allergic to mosquitos so we probably go overboard with keeping the bugs away. He just came back from camping for 4 days and used it while he was there and didnt have any bites when he got back, but its early in the season. I like it my only big problem with it is if you dont clip it in a good spot it will fall off if bumped by your arm.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:45 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Thanks, my daughter is so allergic to mosquito bites. If she gets bit, she will welt up and form big sores that later scar. I am at my wits end on what to do to keep her protected. Last year at school we even sent bug spray with her to use before recess. This year I wanted to try something different so that she didn't have to go to the nurses office every time she went outside. If you have any tricks to prevent and treat mosquito bites please share.

We actually just took her to the doctor about this and they put her on a steroid creme to help with the sores from the mosquito bites.
    jennwyse

Answer by jennwyse at 10:45 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Poor kid! My son swells up, his whole head swelled up the first time he had a reaction, it looked like his face was melting. We keep Benedryl on us at all times. when we are camping we normally give him a benedryl before the mosquitos come out that way if he gets bitten he already has something working in his system, our doctor said it was better to have it already in him before to minimize the swelling. I also bought the wipes that are a repellant, its easier for him to apply and I dont have to worry about the spray getting in anyones eyes. I spray his clothes with the repellant before he puts them on. I burn the mosquito coils on our back porch in the summer, they burn like a incense.

For some reason the herbal remedy's work for the rest of the family but not my son. Like I said I probably go overboard lol but after seeing his head swell up I would rather not put him through that again.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 9:06 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Anyone else??? Did it work???
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I haven't but I've known people who have and they said it worked!!!!!!

***FYI- you guys gotta try LISTERINE® Antiseptic Mouthwash!!! The original (not mint) and place in a lil spray bottle....it works!!!
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 12:21 AM on Jul. 28, 2010