Having just one kid? Is life easier?

I feel like having one kid is pretty nice. We don't have to worry about money) my husband is enlisted NCO in the Army) he makes a nice living. We have to watch every penny and save smartly but we are able to spoil my DD and buy the things we want. We can afford 2 nice vacations each year and weekend getaways. It's so easy to drop her and grandmas and Grandpas (on both sides) for a week and on weekends. I can work if I want or I can stay home with her. My husband and I have alot of alone time. I have a lot of me time,I'm taking online classes and I have a lot of free time during the week(my DD has full day Preschool 3 days a week) I do sometimes think I might want another kid in the future but I like how things are, and I know things would really change if we had another. Sometimes I'm happy with just the one. My Question is, Do you have one or more kids and how is you're lifestyle different from one kid to 2?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• some seem to think it is. I don't know. To each his own.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:51 PM on May. 17, 2010

• When we had only one kid life was MUCH easier. But we felt like we were missing something. We were... two little someones. Life is not as easy, but it is fun and wonderful and our kids have support in each other. If something ever happened to my dh and I then at least our boys would have each other.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:24 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Well I'm glad ur life is so peachy........
    Anonymous

• <6:38 PM on May. 17, 2010 by: Anonymous Well I'm glad ur life is so peachy.......>

You seem Jealous.

Anonymous

• YES IT IS WAY EASIER !!!!! I have a step son who just came to live with us and well I miss it just being one I miss it alot !!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Easier with one but man I couldn't imagine life without my daughter. I'm getting remarried and he wants two of his own so I'm gonna have four someday!
    Anonymous

• I have lived it both ways we had just 1 for almost 10 years & then in less then 2 years we had 2 more, they are all ages 16; 6 & 4 now!  It was definitely easier with one & the older the first one got the easier it seamed to get, until the younger 2 came & now it is crazy all the time!

Anonymous

• I am happy with just my one son. We live comfortable and I don't have to worry about if he's getting enough attention. It is easier to get a babysitter (grandma) for just one kid too.

We have considered having another as well. Our desision was to leave it up to God and not us. We just live our life and if we get blessed with another so be it. If not, our son is still great all by himself.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:35 PM on May. 17, 2010