can I give my 6 month old the "Beechnut" meats, like chicken and broths baby foods?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can try, i tryed that and my daughter thru them back at me. they are not that tasty. there has got to be a diff way! she still is not a meat eater and i am not really either. i would not owrry. if your baby likes it then go for it, but if not dont worry.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 5:49 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't. I'd wait until closer to 9 mos, and probably just use meat, not pureed meat in a jar.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:51 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Do you feel like she is ready? My baby never ate baby food well she did until I started giving her table food. she feeds herself she eats ground beef hot dogs jerky. She ate rice cereal since she was 3 months. She has never choked. The most important thing is to watch the ques your child gives you. If you think she is ready try it if she isnt ready she wont eat it plain and simple.
    Anonymous

• IF YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE THE MEAT IN A JAR, GET THE MEAT MIXED WITH FRUIT MUCH BETTER. MY DAUGHTER DID NOT LIKE JUST THE PLAN MEAT. I TASTED THE PLAIN MEAT OH MY GOD NOT GOOD AT ALL.
    Anonymous

• Would YOU eat meat in a jar? They taste horrible and you really never know what they put in it. Wait a few more months and then give your baby the same table foods you eat. It will be healthier, cheaper, and tastier. In fact, skip the jarred mush entirely. Whatever you are eating give it to the baby, just make sure it is soft enough or mush it a wee bit -- you don't have to puree it into oblivion -- just a simple fork mush or finger squish. If your baby makes chewing motions and can move food with their tongue, even better!
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 7:30 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't. Start out with fruits and veggies and progress from there. Baby's digestive system is very immature and it would be a lot on his/her system. Plus the jar foods are pretty vile. When baby is ready for foods with pieces in her food, just mash up some of what you are eating.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:50 PM on May. 17, 2010

• OP Here: Well shes been eating veggies and fruits since she was 4 months... but i picked up a little jar of the stage 1 chicken and broth jars..... I do wanna give her meats, i guess by question was "is it OK to give them to her this early"
    I would think so right? since they have them in stage 1?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on May. 18, 2010

• She won't be able to digest it much of it. You'll just be making jar meat poop. Just because they sell it in stage one doesn't mean much. Seriously, they make what they think customers will plunk cash for.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:33 AM on May. 18, 2010