I'm confused! If BP stands for British Petroleum...Does it mean that the company is foreign?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• For the longest my mom told me it stood for Bush's Property. It made sense because while he was in office, they popped everywhere and started disappearing after Obama came to office. Some of the BP gas stations turned into Obama gas stations. I didn't hear about it being British Petroleum until 2008. It would sound foriegn.
    janel09

Answer by janel09 at 6:16 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I thought they were all foreign companies. Are any of them American owned?
    Anonymous

• I thought they were all foreign companies.

Could this be the reason why the company doesn't care if the hole gets to be fixed????????
    Anonymous

• Every company involved in that rig is a foriegn company. Even Haliburten has moved their headquarters to Dubia.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:00 PM on May. 17, 2010

• BP's corporate headquarters are indeed in London. Halliburton is headquartered int he United Arab Emirates. Transocean Ltd. is incorporated in the Cayman Islands (tax shelter, anyone?), but its principal offices are in Houston.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:10 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Transocean Ltd. is incorporated in the Cayman Islands (tax shelter, anyone?), but its principal offices are in Houston.

Yes, indeedie-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:14 PM on May. 17, 2010

• LOL, Janel!

BP is also ARCO. They bought out Atlantic Richfield years ago.

ExxonMobile and Chevron are U.S.-based.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:25 PM on May. 17, 2010