should I let my 6 year old get her ears double piereced?

She has the first ones and wants the second. I have 4 in my right and 5 in my left so I don't have a problem with multiple piercings. I just don't know if she is too young.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on May. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't believe in piercing until they are old enough to care for them, but seeing how she already has one set, I don't think that would be an issue... So I would say go for it, just make sure that you have them done by a piercer and not a teen at a booth in the mall... Over the last few years there has been a HUGE rise in STDs being transmitted through the guns they use, because they can't be cleaned... Not only that, there is less chance of infection with a needle...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:57 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I also have multiple piercings but I think 6 is a lil young for that
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:24 PM on May. 17, 2010

• One of my good friends, who is Mexican, double pierced her babies ears when she was a couple of days old. I, personally, will not double pierce my girls ears. I have nothing against it, It is just not for my family. What I am getting at is, it is between you and her. If you feel that she is too young, ask her to wait. It could be a birthday present for her 7th or 8th birthday. No matter what, this is something that the both of you have to sit down and talk about. Getting ears pierced is a big deal because they tend to last forever. Good luck.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 6:47 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Nothing against it, but with my daughter I said that once she could pay for it out of her allowance money, then she could have her ears double pierced if she wished.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:07 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't but seeing as you have so many that may be why she wants more.
    Anonymous

• They don't recommend it where I got my kids ears done because they are still growing and the holes might not match on both sides when their ears are done growing.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:20 AM on May. 18, 2010