Should they be allowed to have pets?

It seems like almost everyday I see something about people on PA should be allowed to have things, mostly internet, cable, etc. What about pets, in your opinion, if someone is getting public assistance(medicare, foodstamps, welfare, etc) should they be allowed to have a pet. Why, why not? Personally, I don't really care, I have been on PA before and know who all that feels, just looking for other opinions. Please try and keep it civil. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on May. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well if they had the animal before then YES...if not then NO ! If you are on PA it means you are struggling at that time to provide for your family and animals can be expensive. If you want one that bad work hard to get off PA and then get one. I also have no problem with PA when used correctly !
    Anonymous

• I never understood why people on PA had internet and cable but whatever...a pet is ok I think if you feed the dog what your family is eating lol!
    Anonymous

• If you can't afford to feed yourself then you cannot afford to feed a pet. And the internet - if they have children it is very important to have internet access at home now more than ever. Text books and assignments are online more and more these days and the library isn't always a viable option. Cable isn't necessary, but for a lot on PA it is included in their rent payment.
    Anonymous