Good punishment for my pregnant 15 year old sister?

My sister is really in need of a good smack in the mouth. Seeing as she's pregnant and that's child abuse/assault, I can't do that. So, putting yourself in my shoes, what would you do about her attitude?
Her: Jacob is coming to pick me up in a few. We'll be around here, but have no phone to get ahold of you on.
Me: Be back at 8:30 and don't go to his house. I don't want you "stranded" and have to spend the night there.
Her: We're not going to his house, but can I please have until 9:30?
Me: No, I want the kids in bed by 8 so you need to be back by 8:30.
Her: Man, why can't I have until 9:30? It's only an hour more.
Me: I told you already.
Her: Well what the f!!! ever then.
Me: I guess you don't want to go period then.
Her: Yeah I want to go but your curfew is f$$$ing bullshit.
Me: Fine, forget about going.
Her: What the f!!! ever, Shauna. I can't wait until I'm out of here.
Me: That makes 2 of us, you cocky brat. Answer Question

GothicMommy3

Asked by GothicMommy3 at 6:29 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• And no, it wasn't asked nicely when she wanted the extension. So she called mom and she said just let her go so she doesn't cause a scene. She left anyway, because my mom yet again went behind me and gave her her way. She is not getting away with this, though. She will be punished and I'm thinking she needs to keep her butt home for the rest of the week and weekend to think about her attitude.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 6:31 PM on May. 17, 2010

• kick her out of the house if u cant stand her ! and besides, she's pregnant now.. whats done is done, the worse which could happen is over.. so let her have another hour
    Anonymous

• Hey I dont think a slap in the mouth is child abuse...or Id be in jail constantly! Its not gonna hurt her baby,just her feelings. Id make the stay at your house in the same room as you!
    TwistofCain

Answer by TwistofCain at 6:32 PM on May. 17, 2010

• why is she living with you and not her mom? If your mom wants to go behind your back and not respect your rules, send her back to mom...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:36 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Whats wrong with 9:30? :/
    Anonymous

• Why is it your problem?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 6:37 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Why would you punish her? Why are you being her mom? She's pregnant for goodness sakes, help the girl be a responsible mom and don't be treating her like a toddler. Her mom made a decision and you want to punish a pregnant young lady for mom's decision? That makes no sense. Why are you even dealing with this? Let mom be the mom. As for the slap....it's battery and illegal. Anyone striking other humans should be in jail...it's the law. Striking children is even more offensive and doesn't teach them anything except that someone has no control and they have poor parenting skills. This girl is your SISTER. She's not your responsibility. She can get on welfare and be emancipated so let her live her life. She's already screwed herself.
    Anonymous

• I don't want her gone the extra hour because I'm planning on getting my kids in bed at 8. I said that. If she comes in much later, it will get them up. I know this from experience. So I'm not concerned about what she's doing with her boyfriend, I don't want her getting my 5 year olds and 2 year old back up when she gets back. So no, she doesn't need the extra hour, anon.

We need more moms who think like you, twistofcain, maybe then we wouldn't be dealing with so many teens who think they're grown. I'm waiting to see how many people respond with *gasp* no wonder she doesn't want to be there, you're abusive. Ugh.
    She hates being here because I give her rules and because she's just now learning the most common English word: No.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 6:41 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I WOULD STAND MY GROUND. SHE WOULD NOT BE SPEAKING TO ME THAT WAY. SHE WOULD GET A BAR OF SOAP IN HER MOUTH. HOWEVER, YOUR MOTHER IS WRONG. THIS YOUNG LADY NEEDS SOME PARENTING. THIS IS A SHAME WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN THIS BABY IS BORN, I GUSS YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CHILD TO RAISE. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR MOTHER'S JOB NOT YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• This girl is your SISTER. She's not your responsibility. She can get on welfare and be emancipated so let her live her life. She's already screwed herself.

She lives here because it was me or foster care. I'm about ready just to call them and say come get here because she is impossible to deal with. She had my mom declared unfit because she wouldn't let her live with her 18 year old boyfriend. No lying, I was there when the cops said that she couldn't go to my mom because she is a bad parent. She called me begging me to let her stay here because she didn't want to go into the system. So I was being a GOOD SISTER, anon, 6:38 by even LETTING her live with me.And she can't get emancipated because she's a freaking infant. She has no intention on growing up even though she's pregnant. I feel really sorry for her baby.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 6:46 PM on May. 17, 2010