Whats a good middle name for the name Elliot?

We are expecting baby number two August 17th. Ita a girl and we are planning on naming her Elliot. We have noooo idea what her middle name is going to be yet though (and the baby name books arent helping any, im too indecisive lol). Mine and my dads (my unfortunate dad lol) middle name is Gail, and so if we really cant think of anything we might just stick with her middle name being Gail. But id rather figure out something other then Gail. Our last name is Rangel btw if that helps any. TIA!

jessran1218

Asked by jessran1218 at 6:43 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Elliot Bailey Rangel, Elliot Breanne Rangel, Elliot Christine Rangel, Elliot Julianne Rangel, Elliot McKenzi Rangel,
    Elliot Renee Rangel, Elliot Nicole Rangel, that's all I can think of lol I normally kinda just act like I'm yelling the name in my head and eventually something sounds right and then feels right like it couldn't be anything else. I'm having a girl and there were a lot of nice names and I kept on thinking and my husband would up think of something and I would shout it in my head and wouldn't sound right of feel right he finally came up with one that is also after someone he loves in his family very much and I said it over and over and then tried to say some other name and it wouldn't take it feels in my heart that this is the name I can't call her anything else this is right lol. I have told a couple of people and have kinda gave me that ummm okay look lol. It's perfect for her lol.
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 7:33 PM on May. 17, 2010

• It occurs to me that a lot of people might mistake "Elliott" for a boy. I kind of like Gail, actually.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:52 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Elliott Brooke?
    Grace?
    Hope?
    Nicole?

Or if you are going to call her Eli, you could do Mae as a middle name Elli- Mae
    mom2twingirl797

Answer by mom2twingirl797 at 7:00 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Elliot is a boys name. Why would yo udo that to your princess?
    Anonymous

• Lol Elliott may be more of a boys name, but it can also be for a girl (Like Elliot Reid In the show Scrubs) Anyways My husband and I are pretty dead set on naming her Elliot thats been our dream name for our daughter for a very long time. Her nickname is going to be Ellie though, Im sure she will go by her nickname more then her actual name.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 7:29 PM on May. 17, 2010

• we named our daughter Elliot Marylyn. we both have a grandma marilyn. i love elliot for a girl, i prefer it than for a boy. my whole family told me i was crazy and it would be aweful, but it suits her very well. most of them call her Ellie, but i call her Elliot most of the time.

she is now 2 1/2 and i have met at least 3 other girl elliots, all about a year younger than she is.

erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 9:38 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I love Elliot for a girl Also! I dont care for it as a boys name. My husbands the one who even brought up the name Elliot for our daughter, hes been calling her Elliebean lately lol i think its cute. Anyways ive met girls named Elliot, Cody, and Charlie. So I really dont know what the big deal is its not like im nameing her Earl lol
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 12:37 AM on May. 19, 2010