EHH MIGHT SOUND AKWARD.

OK WELL I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH CHLAMYDIA AND WELL I HAVE A 2 YR OLD AND GO TKINDA WORRIED BECAUSE WE USE THE SAME TOWEL AFTER SHOWERS AND I COUGHT HIM IN OUR DIRTY LAUNDRY (underwear of mine in there) I WASHED HIS AFTER WORDS BUT I DONT KNOW IF HE HAD PUT HIS HANDS IN HIS MOUTH OR ANYTHING..COULD HE HAVE GOTTEN THE INFECTION TOO? I ALREADY TOOK MY MEDS AND THE DR GAVE HIM THE SAME ANTIBIOTIC THEY GAVE ME BUT HIS IS FOR HIS FACE AND HIS WAS 200 MG AND MINE WAS 1000MG..IF HE DID HAPPEN TO CATCH IT FROM ME WOULD THE ANTIBIOTIC CURE HIM..THE LAUNDRY INCIDENT REALLY REALLY SCARED ME...LET ME KNOW ANYTHING TO CALM MY NERVES. THANKS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Antibiotics are usually very general and will kill all infections they come up against. Good luck with the chlamydia.
    Anonymous

• The dr. gave him the prescription as well, as a precaution. If he DID catch it, and then took the antibiotics, he should be fine. Anytime you are nervous like this, feel free to call your Dr. and ask- it wont be the first time they've heard something like this.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:31 PM on May. 17, 2010

• ITS OK THAT THE MG WERE DIFFERENT THOUGH..BECAUSE HE HAS A SMALLER BODY RIGHT?
    Anonymous

• Yes it's fine the MG was different. It has more to do with age and weight, but yeah b/c he's smaller. He should be fine if he's got an antibiotic.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:33 PM on May. 17, 2010