I just found out that I have PCOS.Now I feel really hopeless...Any help,about TTC with PCOS?

I have had some difficulties getting a period lately so my Dr.did some tests...and she said it showed that it is most likely caused by PCOS.Now...we really want another baby. We've been trying for while now.And now hearing that I have PCOS throws me off completely.How hard is it gonna be to get pregnant?I will have a follow up visit with my doctor..But I just need some perspective for right now I guess.Any help,experiences?

littleschatzi

Asked by littleschatzi at 6:58 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• soulcysters.net is a great place you should check it out. Also there are lots of women who have PCOS who can get pregnant. You may or may not need some help getting pregnant. How long have you been TTC? Usually they will give you clomid or something after approx 6 months when you have something like pcos. Again check out that website, the girls there are great! And good luck!
    Anonymous

• you should look up natural remedies or natural cures for pcos, you may find a lot of great dietary information that could really help a lot.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:33 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Certain nutritional diets may help with PCOS. A dietitian told me that the South Beach Diet is excellent for women that have PCOS.
    Exercising, keeping excessive weight down, and by eating foods that work with your body type can really help out ALOT.
    I once googled information on PCOS and found alot of helpful info on this. ( I might have it too and Im TTC too :) )
    I hope this helps and good luck !
    oliveoyl214

Answer by oliveoyl214 at 12:08 AM on May. 18, 2010

• If you're willing to try surgery, my doctor says that ovarian wedge resection is very effective because it creates fresh new ovarian tissue where eggs can mature. Not many doctors use it anymore because they try to manage it with drugs, but then the success rates are lower now. You can Google NaProTechnology. Dr. Thomas Hilgers has trained other doctors across the country, so you may be able to find one in your area that uses his techniques. I am one of his few failures (I have endometriosis).
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:06 PM on May. 18, 2010