Are there any natural remedies similar to prescription antibiotics?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Health

• Well garlic is a natural antibiotic.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 6:59 PM on May. 17, 2010

• there are several herbs with antibiotic properties...what would you want to use them for? what you never want to do is overuse antibiotics or herbs with antibiotic properties. you never want to use them if you have a virus either.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:31 PM on May. 17, 2010

• OP- I have an ear infection, swollen throat and I'm just exhausted. I cannot see a dr. I asked about this yesterday and someone recommended a health clinic but I won't be able to get in until at least next week. And I'm not going to make it a week!
    Anonymous

• garlic oil is good for the ear...and the throat too. lemon, honey and hot water is good for the throat.
    you could google natural remedies for ... and get other ideas for thing s that would work best for you.
    garlic, i have read has anti viral and anti bacterial properties...so it seems to be a good choice!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:46 PM on May. 17, 2010

• OP- thanks!
    Anonymous