Am I selfish?

I have 3 wonderful girls and never in a million years thought I would want to do it again! But I have remarried to a great guy who has no children of his own. Even though he says he is happy with our family, all I think about is making a baby with him. But I am now 40yrs old......UGH!!! we have been trying for 2 years now and nothing. Has anyone conceived later in life? Or should I throw in the old towel?

Mrs.Z32

Asked by Mrs.Z32 at 7:00 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• maybe you can just say, whatever happens happens? Just don't use any type of contraceptive and just wait and see. Are you both ok if you don't conceive? are you stressing out about conceiving? do you have the book "taking charge of your fertility"? its a great book and it may help as well.... its good to know this stuff anyways, even if you are not trying to conceive... it just helps you know your body better.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:12 PM on May. 17, 2010

• My mom had my brother at 45. She didn't find out she was pregnant until she went for her annual and she was 5 months along. She says to this day she thought she was beginning menopause & now calls my brother her menopause baby.
    It is possible. Good luck!!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:31 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Thanks ladies, at this point we are leaving it to god, (I just hope god won make make pregnant to late in life)and I am enjoying the blessings he has already given me
    Mrs.Z32

Answer by Mrs.Z32 at 6:14 PM on May. 25, 2010