stretch marks

ok so normally i'm more careful working out but i made a bit of a mistake and now i'm branded. normally i lift 50 lbs with my inner thighs when i'm working them but i was dumb and jumped to 65 lbs a little too quickly and now the top of my right inner thigh there are huge black stretch marks. i never got stretch marks when i was pregnant so i don't know much about them. can you guys help me? i wanna fade them but i don't know how, i've started using cocoa butter but i was wondering if there was a more effective way to fade them, especially with summer coming. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Stretch marks fade on their own, there is nothing to make them "disappear". And stretch marks come from stretching the skin, are you sure you have stretch marks and not bruising or something else?
    Anonymous

• no they are stretch marks, my husband has them on his arms from lifting weights as well, they kinda look like lightning bolts, yes it's stretched skin.
    Anonymous

• When I was pregnant, a friend told me keep my skin oiled while i'm pregnant and this will stop stretch marks from developing, and sure enough, I didn't have any stretch marks. I continued to use the baby oil until I lost all the weight I wanted to and it worked. So,I believe if you're working out and you're losing weight, it's best to keep your skin OILED, not cocoa butter or lotion. Oil does the trick for sure. Do you see any body builders with stretch marks? They all oil up.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 7:56 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Ok. They do fade on their own. Cocoa butter is better for preventing stretch marks. I heard of people who practiced exfoliation on the site of the stretch marks and then put on some oil (or stretch mark cream) and they believe it helped them fade faster.
    Anonymous

• i'm not working out to lose weight lol. it's just something i've done since i was a teen to stay in shape and build muscle. i'm only 108 lbs...trust me i'm not trying to lose weight but thanks for the great tip
    Anonymous

• take fish oil, and be sure to have a diet rich in good fats...healthy skin should not react like that from increasing your weight by 30%. i don't know how long it will take for them to fade. sorry :(
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:21 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Bio Oil faded mine to the point I was comfortable wearing a bikini again. That and time.

Answer by missanc at 9:48 PM on May. 17, 2010

• YOUCH!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:14 AM on May. 18, 2010

• Mederma stretch mark thereapy
    shanda0914

Answer by shanda0914 at 12:38 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I used Bio Oil and Mederma for my stretch marks and I was very happy with the results!
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 11:22 AM on May. 19, 2010