important question i need help

im 21 and 13 weeks pregant and i want well not want need to to get an abortion because i will be homless soon and wont be able to care for a child, the only problem is i can not afford a abortion is there any programs that help you pay for an abortion? i live in arizona

please dont judge, im really desperate

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't know if you're going to find a decent clinic that will do it this late in pregnancy. There are shelters avaliable that can help you. And plenty of adoption agencies. Worst case scenario the Moses Law. Leave the baby at the hospital or at the fire station. You can remain anonymous and no questions asked.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:56 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I don't know and I live in AZ. Have you checked with Public Aid? I see "free" pregnancy counseling signs everywhere here. Try calling Community Referral Center at 602/263-8856. Have you considered adoption? What will you do to prevent this from happening again, besides abstinence? Also I'm sure there are homeless shelters that will help you with your pregnancy, after all, it's not the baby's fault for being conceived. I take it the Father won't contribute? Last, but not least, I highly recommend you read Steve Harvey's book "Act like a lady, think like a man." I'm not judging you but suggesting this as a guide for future relationships.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 7:56 PM on May. 17, 2010

• watch out for the free pregnancy counseling - every one of those i know of is a religious-based facility whose purpose is to convince you how you can continue the pregnancy. you are in your 2nd trimester... this is a problem. you should be eligible for medicaid based on your pregnancy. if you are going to be homeless and are pregnant, you should try a women's shelter. it sounds like you are making a decision out of desparation in your situation - had you not wanted the pregnancy i assume you would have considered the abortion angle sooner. thanks to the stigma of abortion there are many groups who are willing to help you if you want to get some help to continue the pregnancy. i am pro-choice, just so you know, but it sounds to me like you are just desparate. once you have the baby you can get assistance. there are people who may pay to privately adopt your baby as well - giving you a leg up. just making alternate suggestions
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:24 AM on May. 18, 2010

• based on how far along you are... it is more dangerous to you and there is alot more going on in the pregnancy at this state. there are more options than there seem right now...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:25 AM on May. 18, 2010

• You will not be homeless. Just go and apply for Medicaid, govt housing, TANF, etc. You can get free housing, electricity, food, medical care etc until you get back on your feet. Abortion is not a choice to make because of money. America is built to help you with money if you need the help. What state do you live in? I can help find you sites to apply at.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on May. 18, 2010

• In most areas abortions aren't legal after 12 weeks. You might have to drive out of state to get one or further away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on May. 18, 2010

• If you would consider adoption, please send me a message.
    PennyLane88

Answer by PennyLane88 at 3:08 AM on May. 19, 2010