Are You An Army Wife?

What's it like being an army wive? Not seeing your DH between 6 months -5 years kinda thing? I have a friend in the army but I don't talk to their S/O about it. But The friend in the army is constantly missing them and I have no idea what its like so I don't know what to say to em.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• mo I'm an Air Force Wife. And my husband is gone for no more than 6 months at a time.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:03 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I'm an Army wife. So far we have only gone through one 1 year deployment, but we have another one coming up next Feb. It seemed like it was the longest year of my life, but the minute he came home it was like he never left. It got hard and there were days that I had my pity parties, but this is the life that we signed up for and I love it. Mostly because DH loves what he does, so i'm supportive of that.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:09 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Army wife :) My husband has Been in 3 years.july 2009 he deployed and came home Feb and he leaves again some time this Winter.he is never forced to go.he asked to go..both times. i missed him like crazy but I went back to our home town for 2 months.next deployment im gonna suck it up and stay where we are stationed.We have 2 children 1 and 3.We use Skype to talk to him almost everyday when he is gone.I honestly enjoy it.its secure and i dont have to stress about when i get paid or how the bills are going to get paid...Rent comes right out of our pay and always on time.
    it is hard sometime because a person is stressed and its hard to understand what a Solider really goes through all day long.thank goodness my hubby has a kinda fun MOS lol.

All you need to do for a friend is listen...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:18 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Being an army wife is hard at times. But it is also very rewarding. I am so proud of my hubby for what he does for our country. While we are together, we take lots of pictures, spend as much time together, and enjoy the small things in life. When we are apart, we talk every possibly minute we can. I don't take things for granted anymore, now that I have become an army wife. I learned to enjoy every waking moment you get to spend with someone.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:58 PM on May. 17, 2010